Fighting for the Victims of Unlawful Discrimination in Contra Costa, Alameda, Solano, and San Joaquin Counties
All individuals in California have the right to work and earn a living that is free from discrimination, but even though the law says so, that doesn’t mean that discrimination is rare. Quite the opposite! Many employees face discrimination, either in the hiring process, or during their time at work. If you believe that you’ve been discriminated against, you’ve come to the right place. Ratner Molineaux, LLP is proud to be one of the most experienced discrimination law firms serving Contra Costa, Alameda, Solano, and San Joaquin Counties. We will fight for your rights, in and out of the courtroom.
There are many protected classes under the anti-discrimination laws here in California, and employers are not allowed to fire you, harass you, or prevent your career advancement due to any of the following:
- You are supposed to have fair and equal access to jobs and promotions, regardless of your sex or gender identity.
- Sometimes, older people are left out of the workforce, when employers openly favor younger hires. Older workers also can be victims of workplace harassment.
- Disabled workers are protected under state law, and must be given reasonable accommodations in the workplace, as well as an environment free from harassment.
- No matter a worker’s skin color, appearance, name, or racial identity, they should have equal access to employment, training, and promotion.
- Forcing employees to work on religious holidays, forbidding religious attire, or allowing religious-based harassment are all illegal, along with firing or refusing to hire workers based on their religion.
- Pregnancy is considered a protected condition in California law, and employers are required to maintain access to hiring, training, and promotion, along with provide accommodations for pregnant workers.
Contact Ratner Monlineaux, LLP for a Free Case Evaluation
There are many more additional classes of protected individuals, so reach out to Ratner Molineaux, LLP to learn more. We work hard to fight against workplace discrimination in Contra Costa, Alameda, Solano, and San Joaquin Counties. Ask for your free consultation to get started.